Mar 19, 2013

walking up the hill with my friend by my side
the sun is setting fast

on her face there is that smile I always loved
which tells all that I feel

and there's that cafeteria hanging by the cliffs
god-forsaken place

the sea is roaring loud below our weary feet
dreadful rocks of sleep

the cracks on the transparent floor
they draw my eyes below; and in the sea
I realise this is the edge of world
we've reached the end of time

ghosts are serving coffee which we drink with relief
my palms are warm at last 

this spider climbs the table, huge black hairy need
sitting there at peace

I offer her mosquitoes that drain me of my blood
the ecstasy of feast

the waves are roaring loud below our weary feet
dreadful, dark and deep

and coming form beyond the sea
this elusive unheard sound
this melody, this harmony
that I can never keep inside my head

1 comment:

  1. yeah, i read and let my mouth dry. i read and forgot to swallow.

    ReplyDelete